As an independent Christian Church, we at North Side have no creed other than the Bible itself.
Here are some highlights of what we teach and believe.
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God. He died for our sins and rose from the dead. (John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8)
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, "a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path." (Psalm 119:105, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. (John 3:16)
- Those accepting Christ should repent of their sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him. (Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9)
- The Church is the body of Christ on Earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to evangelize the lost and edify the saved. (Ephesians 4:1-6)
- Jesus Christ will one day return to Earth and reign forever as King of kings and Lord of lords. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in one God; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:2; Matthew 5:16 & 45; Matthew 6:1, 4, 8 & 9; John 1:1; John 4:24; John 14:9, 16-20; James 1:17; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible. (Genesis 1:1, Acts 17:24-28, Hebrews 11:3)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God's one and only Son, our one and only Savior. (John 1:14, John 3:16, 2 Peter 3:18, 1 John 4:9)
- Jesus Christ was born Jesus of Nazareth, both fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary. (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 21:11, Luke 1:26-38, John 1:14, John 19:19, Romans 5:15-17, Colossians 2:9, 1 John 1:1)
- Jesus suffered and was crucified under Pontius Pilate. (Luke 23:1-46)
- Jesus died, was buried, and rose again bodily from the dead on the third day. (Luke 23:44-24:8, John 20:24-29, 1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
- Jesus ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father. (Luke 22:69, Acts 1:1-9, Colossians 3:1)